You will find that most medical journal articles require a fee or subscription to read them. For a selection of free full-text articles, see EyeMelanoma.org's List of Recent "No-Cost" Medical Journal Articles on OM Testing, Diagnosis, and/or Treatment.
"PubMed comprises over 27 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books."
For your convenience, the link shown below has specifically been created to find up-to-date medical journal articles on PubMed that contain any of these terms: "eye melanoma," "ocular melanoma," "intraocular melanoma," "uveal melanoma," "choroidal melanoma," "iris melanoma," or "ciliary body melanoma."
After you click on the above link to view the results, you can either
1) modify this particular search by clicking on the "advanced search" link found at the very top of the PubMed page under the search box and then using the "search builder" tool, or
2) start completely over by clearing out the search terms (click on the small "x" at right corner of search box) and then typing in your own search terms instead.
Tips for Performing a New Search
• Put multiple-word terms in quotes – for example, "proton beam radiation" – only when exact phrases are wanted.
• Use the word "or" (without quotes) to separate each term when instructing the search tool to retrieve journal articles that contain any of the terms, thereby broadening your search results.
• Use the word "and" (without quotes) to separate each term when instructing the search tool to retrieve journal articles that must contain all of the terms, thereby narrowing your search results.
Tips for Sorting or Filtering Any Search Results
• The most recently added citations are always listed first in the search results, unless you change the "sort by" setting (which is found by clicking the "display settings" link at the top of the middle of the page).
• Not all articles can be accessed online for free. Look for the "free article" notation next to applicable articles. Or you can select the "free full text available" option under the "text availability" filter in left column of page to narrow down results, if desired.
• Another filter to consider for narrowing down results: "English language only" under the "languages" filter.
• A check mark will appear next to each filter option selected.
• Help section --
"Quick Start Guide" and "Frequently Asked Questions" about PubMed.
•Online Training section --
"PubMed Tutorial" and "Quick Tours" on searching PubMed.